This is a guide to building and setting up the electronic components of PanelMax as described here and here.
- A Reprap 3D Printer :-p
- RAMPS hardware 1.3 or 1.4 (1.2 should work as well but this guide will focus on 1.3/1.4)
- Marlin firmware Version 1.0 RC2 or above.
- A good soldering iron.
- Some basic knowledge of electronics, if you can build your own reprap, you are more than qualified.
- PanelMax RP parts you need at least the pm_encoder_shield part printed.
- Panelmax Vertex or Panelmax Prusa need the front piece printed.
Let's get started.
This is the basic schematic used in my setup.